Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

"What's Cookin' This Week!" 9/10-9/16

It has been a couple of weeks since my last post. As you can see, I have been trying to spice up my blog a bit (visually). I am far from a graphic designer but at least it is a little more personalized:)

I have been getting a pretty good response from my dinner recipes so I wanted to make it a point to get back into it asap! Instead of just calling it "my dinner recipes" I am going to change it up to "What's Cookin' This Week!" (hopefully you don't think its too cheesy). If this is your first time visiting my recipe links then I have to let you know that I only pick from low calorie resources so you don't over do it with too many calories. Just make sure you pay attention to portion sizes. Enjoy!!

Monday - Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts from Health Magazine (with a side salad)
My family doesn't care for leeks so I will probably omit them. The reviews I've read from other people who have made this have used an onion in place of the leek and it turned out fine. You may also choose to use fresh spinach instead of frozen.

Tuesday - Turkey, Apple and Swiss Melt by Cooking Light (with raw veggies and light ranch on side)
The bread in this recipe can make it or break it! Try and choose a lower calorie bread (around 50 to 70 calories per slice). Some breads can be as much as 120 calories per slice....ouch!!

Wednesday - Roast Chicken with Balsamic Bell Peppers by Cooking Light (over brown rice)
Even though the recipe says to brown the chicken in olive oil, I will probably use cooking spray to slightly reduce the calories. I will also use dried rosemary instead of fresh. Dried herbs are more convenient and cheaper (you just have to reduce the amount used in place of fresh).

Thursday - Pork Chops with Dijon Herb Sauce by Skinnytaste.com; with Parmesan Zucchini Sticks
I'm not going to make the sauce that is included with the zucchini sticks. Its too much work and I love roasted zucchini by itself. The recipe also calls for egg substitute but I will use egg whites instead (egg substitute is just egg whites with coloring).

Friday - Chicken and Bean Burritos by Cooking Light (with a side salad)
I will end up using LaTortilla's high fIber, low carb tortilla due to its low calorie content (and high fiber...which is always beneficial). I will also opt for salsa instead of pico.

Saturday - Lasagna Roll-ups by Dashing Dish (with a side salad)
I have made this dish before and it really is a great way to control portion sizes and calories.

Sunday -   Mixed Salad with Hoisin Vinaigrette and Crisp Panko Chicken by Cooking Light 
One of my good friends sent me this recipe. It looks super easy and tasty! If the hoisin vinaigrette doesn't sound good, then you could use any light dressing that you enjoy.

**If you need help or guidance with developing a personalized exercise or weight loss regimen then please feel free to contact me at info@centralfloridapersonaltrainers or call (386) 295-3926.  I offer one-on-one personal training services with several personal training package options that can be tailored to your specific goals and needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment